Cenfri (The Centre for Financial Regulation & Inclusion) is a think tank that conducts applied research to improve how societies in developing countries benefit from the financial sector. We are driven by a vision of a world where all people live their financial lives optimally to enhance welfare and grow the economy. Our core focus is on generating insights that can inform policymakers, market players and donors that seek to unlock development outcomes through inclusive financial services and the financial sector more broadly. In collaboration with key partners and funders, we actively engage across Africa, Latin America and Asia. For information on our partners and funders, focus countries and research theme areas, visit www.cenfri.org.
Who you are
- You are a curious, intellectual and creative thinker, interested in achieving impact beyond yourself, and you have a sustained interest in solving real-world problems.
- You have the patience to pursue impact over time by sharing and applying insights.
- You aspire to be wise rather than clever, and you enjoy an adventurous and entrepreneurial environment where we are able to balance work and life.
- You are highly collaborative. You are excited to learn from the perspectives from those who have different backgrounds and skills. You work easily in a team and on your own.
- You enjoy connecting with people and are able to easily understand their needs and influence their thinking with rigorous evidence.
- You are good at managing complex projects and partnerships that deliver on our and our partners' objectives.
- You bring inspiration and inspired points of view from diverse sources to help your teams and clients imagine new opportunities. You have a curious mind and naturally make connections between diverse fields and industries.
- You are a strategic thinker and can link research outputs or insights to the existing needs of stakeholders, but also to shape stakeholder thinking to achieve improved societal outcomes. You can use your engagements to help shape Cenfri’s research objectives, programmes and new areas of business.
- You are excited to develop the skills of junior team members and to build a strong organisation that can deliver on our vision.
- At least five years’ experience working in financial services, financial inclusion or a related field
- Excellent strategic thinking and superlative verbal and written communication skills, along with fluency and confidence in inspiring team members and clients
- Exceptional people skills to understand, connect and persuade
- Experience in stakeholder engagement and project design to solve problems on your own or by developing and empowering junior team members, including proposal development, budgeting, resource management and talent management
- The demonstrated ability to work flexibly and efficiently, exercising a balance between research rigor and nimble project management
- The ability to meet the demands of multiple clients simultaneously, balancing high-quality outputs with client needs
- A high comfort level in working within a self-directed culture and navigating ambiguity
- A proven appetite for experimentation (While you have facility in a range of research methods, you are inventive and you value great inspiration over dogmatic adherence to process.)
- A Master’s degree or similar qualification in economics, law, policy, development or related areas
If you identify with our values, are excited about impactful research and would like to contribute to our mission and vision, we would love to hear from you.
Please apply here and include the following:
- A CV with cover/motivation letter
- Some examples of existing stakeholder engagement (this will be treated as confidential, if required)
- A writing sample of at least four to five pages (This should be your own individual work, not something produced in a team setting. The writing sample may be an extract from a larger document that you have produced.)
- Academic transcripts (including results for individual subjects) for all degree and post-graduate qualifications
Application s are open until 12 January 2018.