Cenfri (The Centre for Financial Regulation & Inclusion) is a think tank that conducts applied research to improve how societies in developing countries benefit from the financial sector. We are driven by a vision of a world where all people live their financial lives optimally to enhance welfare and grow the economy. Our core focus is on generating insights that can inform policymakers, market players and donors that seek to unlock development outcomes through inclusive financial services and the financial sector more broadly. In collaboration with key partners and funders, we actively engage across Africa, Latin America and Asia. For information on our partners and funders, focus countries and research theme areas, visit www.cenfri.org.
Who you are
- You are a curious, intellectual and creative thinker, interested in achieving impact beyond yourself, and you have a sustained interest in solving real world problems.
- You have the patience to pursue impact over time by generating, sharing and applying insights.
- You aspire to be wise rather than clever, and you enjoy an adventurous and entrepreneurial environment where you can balance work and life.
- You bring inspiration and inspired points of view from diverse sources to help your teams and clients imagine new opportunities.
- Having a curious mind, you naturally make connections between diverse fields and industries.
- As a strategic thinker, you can synthesise specific insights and stories into impactful, well-articulated outputs.
- You enjoy managing complex projects that deliver on objectives.
- Being highly collaborative, you appreciate and learn from the perspectives of those who have different backgrounds and skills.
- You are excited by the opportunity to develop the skills of junior team members and to build a strong organisation that can deliver on its vision.
- A minimum of five to eight years’ experience working in financial services, financial inclusion or a related field
- Excellent strategic thinking and superlative verbal and written communication skills, along with fluency and confidence in inspiring teammates and clients
- Experience in research and project design to solve problems while developing and empowering junior team members, including proposal development, budgeting, resource management and talent management
- Demonstrated ability to work flexibly and efficiently, exercising a balance between research rigor and nimble, project management
- An ability to meet the demands of multiple clients simultaneously, balancing speed with quality and accuracy
- A high comfort level in working within a self-directed culture and navigating ambiguity
- A proven appetite for experimentation (While you have facility in a range of research methods, you are inventive and you value great inspiration over dogmatic adherence to process.)
- A Master’s degree or similar qualification in economics, law, policy, development or related areas
If you identify with our values, are excited about impactful research and would like to contribute to our mission and vision, we would love to hear from you.
Please apply here and include the following:
- A CV with cover/motivation letter
- A writing sample of at least four to five pages (This should be your own individual work, not something produced in a team setting. The writing sample may be an extract from a larger document that you have produced.)
- Academic transcripts (including results for individual subjects) for all degree and post-graduate qualifications
Applications are open until 12 January 2018