MAP seeks to advance financial inclusion and support expanding access to an appropriate portfolio of financial services for individuals and micro and small businesses that are either underserved or unserved. An appropriate portfolio of financial services includes effective access to credit, savings, payments and insurance products. These products have the potential to improve the welfare of this target market by helping to conduct and manage financial lives more efficiently, increase income, better manage risks and build up wealth over time.
To date, qualitative research for the MAP project has been conducted in Botswana, DRC, Malawi, Lesotho, Mozambique, Myanmar, Swaziland and Zimbabwe.
Timelines for the bidding process and project are as follows:
- Suppliers to indicate intent to submit a proposal: 3 October 2016.
- Proposal submission: 10 October 2016.
- Inform shortlisted suppliers: 14 October 2016.
- Telephone/Skype interviews with shortlisted suppliers: 18 October 2016. During this interview, Cenfri will interview the team leader as well as the translator.
- Appointment of successful bidder: 21 October 2016.
- Cenfri provides supplier with recruiting questionnaire, templates for deliverables and final sample: 24 October 2016.
- In-country training of field teams/pilot interviews: 31 October to 2 November 2016; fieldwork to start on 3 November 2016.
- Interim debrief with Cenfri and delivery of first 10 summaries and 4 transcripts for approval: 11 November 2016.
- Completion of all fieldwork, summaries, Excel summary of respondent information: 16 November 2016.
- Transcripts delivered: 7 December 2016.
- Final debrief of all field teams with Cenfri team: Date to be determined.
- Interim debriefs during this time and limited follow-up questions may be required.