Community and Content Coordinator
Community and Content CoordinatorJanuary 8, 2019 •
We are looking for a community and content coordinator to assist with an exciting project that links data enthusiasts and tech entrepreneurs in Africa.
Do you have an interest in data analysis and/or tech innovation? Are you a consummate communicator and community builder comfortable in the digital space? You may be just what we’re looking for!
The DataHack4FI community mobilises talented young Africans willing to deploy their data and tech skills for good in order to contribute to financial and economic inclusion. We want to grow the community and support members by providing access to relevant learning content – both curated online articles and webinars on specific topics.
The DataHack4FI competition and community is an initiative of insight2impact, a programme co-hosted by Cenfri and FinMark Trust. The content co-ordinator would be employed by Cenfri. Read more about insight2impact at www.i2ifacility.org, the DataHack4FI competition at www.datahack4fi.org and more about Cenfri at here.
Employed on a fixed-term contract, the incumbent would assist in:
- Helping to build a thriving DataHack community
- Sourcing content on specific topics related to data and tech innovation
- Packaging or “modularising” content
- Posting and moderating content on select social media channels
- Driving online engagement
- Liaising with content partners and communicating with subject-matter experts
- Logistics and coordination of webinars (and potentially in-person meet-ups)
- Monitoring webinar attendance and engagement with content
- A demonstrable knowledge of – and interest in – data analysis and/or tech innovation
- Basic understanding of challenges faced by young entrepreneurs
- An interest in building networks and communities
- Great research skills
- Good English language skills
- Good communication skills, including the ability to write short pieces of content and summarise existing content
- Familiarity with social media platforms, particularly Facebook
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Willingness to provide administrative and coordination support in addition to content support
- A basic understanding of financial inclusion
- Content-curation or community-management experience
- Prior experience in setting up webinars
This is a fixed-term contract from February 2019 (depending on the availability of the incumbent) to the end of July 2019.
The position is open to candidates who are legally allowed to work 40 hours per week in South Africa.
Preference will be given to Employment Equity candidates.
Please apply before 7 January 2018.
When applying for this position, please send your CV with your most recent academic results and qualifications, where applicable.
When you apply for this position, please submit an answer to ONE of the following questions:
- What kind of data challenges do you think tech entrepreneurs need to overcome in order for a tech business to succeed in Africa? (Maximum 300 words)
- Why you think you would be good at building a community/curating and packaging content relevant for this audience? (Maximum 300 words)