Content Coordinator, Cape Town
Content Coordinator, Cape TownOctober 19, 2018 •
We are looking for a content coordinator to assist with an exciting project that links data enthusiasts and tech entrepreneurs in Africa.
The DataHack4FI community mobilises talented young Africans who are willing to deploy their data and tech skills for good in order to contribute to financial and economic inclusion. We want to support them by providing access to relevant learning content – both curated online articles and webinars on specific topics.
The DataHack4FI competition and community is an initiative of insight2impact, a programme co-hosted by Cenfri and FinMark Trust. The content coordinator would be employed by Cenfri and based at our office in Cape Town.
Employed on a fixed-term contract, the content coordinator would assist in:
- Sourcing content on specific topics
- Liaising with content partners
- Packaging or “modularising” content
- Posting content on our social media channels
- Communicating with subject matter experts
- Marketing our webinar series
- Logistics and coordination of the webinars (including confirming experts and helping them to shape their inputs, marketing, set-up, packaging content after the webinars, sharing that content with webinar participants, etc.)
- (Possibly) logistics and coordination for in-person lectures/content-sharing sessions
- Monitoring webinar attendance and engagement with content
- Delivery of DataHack4FI events
- Good English language skills
- Good communication skills
- The ability to write short pieces of content and summarise existing content
- Great research skills
- A related three-year diploma
- At least two years’ experience in a similar position
- Familiarity with social media platforms, particularly Facebook
- Prior experience in setting up Zoom meetings
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly PowerPoint)
- A basic understanding of challenges faced by young entrepreneurs
- Willingness to provide administrative and coordination support in addition to content support
- An interest in innovation and/or experience in working in a tech start-up
- Familiarity with data science concepts (ideally having completed an online data training course)
- A basic understanding of the delivery of financial services or financial inclusion
- Content curation experience
- Experience of working elsewhere in Africa (outside of South Africa)
This is a fixed-term contract from November 2018 (depending on the availability of the incumbent) to the end of June 2019.
The position is open to candidates who are legally allowed to work 40 hours per week in South Africa. Preference will be given to Employment Equity candidates.
Preference will be given to Employment Equity candidates.
When applying for this position, please send your CV with your most recent academic results and qualifications, where applicable.
Shortlisted candidates will also be required to undergo a technical assessment
Applications are open until 11 January 2019.
Apply online using the following link: https://cenfri.workable.com/jobs/847565