Digital Communications Coordinator, Cape Town
Digital Communications Coordinator, Cape TownDecember 20, 2018 •
Cenfri is looking for an experienced and motivated individual with excellent digital communications skills to enhance the visibility and impact of the work done under our insight2impact (i2i) programme.
Launched in 2015, i2i is a global resource centre hosted by Cenfri and FinMark Trust and funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation. Its aim is to support policymakers, financial service providers and development partners to harness and fully capitalise on the power of data to advance financial-sector development and generate better financial inclusion and welfare outcomes. The i2i programme is entering its last 18 months and there will be heightened emphasis on communication related activities for the programme.
The selected candidate is expected to support the implementation of the digital communication strategy for the i2i facility. The individual will be accountable to the i2i programme lead and report to the Director of Knowledge Management at Cenfri as part of the knowledge management team.
- Enhance the visibility of i2i’s work by providing strategic input to, and management of, the digital communications strategy.
- Build i2i’s digital audience across website, social media, traditional media and other emerging digital platforms.
- Manage the i2i organisation’s website (all latest changes reflected, latest content/publications uploaded, back-links, plug-ins managed, content written and reviewed for SEO)
- Stay abreast of the changes taking place in the digital communications environment to optimise i2i’s digital communication strategy (i.e. HTML 5).
- Provide copy for i2i communications material for the website, social media, traditional media and new digital platforms.
- Track and report on the reach of our research and communications material on all digital platforms.
- Improve data capturing using advanced Google Suite (Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Google Tag Manager, Google Ads).
- Qualification in digital marketing, communications, journalism, English or related field
- Over 2 years’ experience in a digital communications role (incl. SEO experience)
- Prior management of corporate social media and websites
- Experience in programming is beneficial (HTML, CSS, Python or mySQL)
- Experience in Google analytics or equivalent, to monitor and report on website and social media data
- Good interpersonal skills, a proactive work ethic and the ability to work independently
- Willingness to travel within South Africa and abroad
- Exposure to development economics is beneficial
- Intellectual curiosity
- Proactive and taking initiative
- Meeting stakeholder expectations
- Taking responsibility
- Kindness, humility and respect
When you apply for this position, please send with your CV a writing used in digital communications (e.g. blog, blurb, article, etc.). This should be your own work and not something produced in a team setting.
This is a fixed-term contract for approximately an 18 month period with the possibility of further engagement. The position is open to candidates who are legally allowed to work 40 hours per week in South Africa. Preference will be given to Employment Equity candidates.
Shortlisted candidates will also be required to undergo a technical assessment.
Applications are open until 01 February 2019.
Please apply online here.