Engagement Manager, Cape Town
Engagement Manager, Cape TownMay 3, 2018 •
Cenfri is a global think-tank and non-profit enterprise that bridges the gap between insights and impact in the financial sector. Cenfri’s people are driven by a vision of a world where all people live their financial lives optimally to enhance welfare and grow the economy. The organisation’s core focus is on generating insights that can inform policymakers, market players and donors who seek to unlock development outcomes through inclusive financial services and the financial sector more broadly. In collaboration with key partners and funders, we actively engage across Africa, Latin America and Asia. For information on our partners and funders, focus countries and research theme areas, visit our website at www.cenfri.org.
Cenfri is looking for an Engagement Manager who can lead research across one or more of the following research areas:
- Alternative data and analytics
- Behavioural science in financial decision making
- financial services in a digital economy
The successful candidate will take ownership of funder engagement and project design and will inspire and manage teams across a variety of theme areas. Cenfri’s engagement managers travel domestically and globally to explore a number of the financial-sector development challenges that we are tackling. They actively shape and oversee research and analysis, synthesise insights and present findings to stakeholders. As senior team members, engagement managers also actively contribute to and shape Cenfri’s independent research objectives, operations and strategy – in pursuit of impact.
This position may be for you if you:
- Are a curious, intellectual and creative thinker
- Are highly collaborative
- Are interested in achieving impact beyond yourself
- Are a strategic thinker who can synthesise specific insights and stories into impactful, well-articulated outputs
- Are excited by the opportunity to develop the skills of junior team members and to build a strong organisation that can deliver on its vision
- Have a sustained interest in solving real world problems
- Have the patience to pursue impact over time by generating, sharing and applying insights
- Enjoy an adventurous and entrepreneurial environment where you can balance work and life
- Enjoy managing complex projects that deliver on objectives
- Bring inspiration and inspired points of view from diverse sources to help your teams and clients imagine new opportunities
- Naturally make connections between diverse fields and industries
- Appreciate and learn from the perspectives of those who have different backgrounds and skills
- Have the following experience, skills and qualifications:
- At least five years’ experience working in financial services, financial inclusion or a related field
- Experience in research and project design to solve problems while developing and empowering junior team members, including proposal development, budgeting, resource management and talent management
- Excellent strategic thinking and superlative verbal and written communication skills, along with fluency and confidence in inspiring teammates and clients
- Demonstrated ability to work flexibly and efficiently, exercising a balance between research rigor and nimble, project management
- An ability to meet the demands of multiple clients simultaneously, balancing speed with quality and accuracy
- A high comfort level in working within a self-directed culture and navigating ambiguity
- A proven appetite for experimentation (While you have facility in a range of research methods, you are inventive and you value great inspiration over dogmatic adherence to process.)
- A Master’s degree or similar qualification in economics, law, behavioural science, public policy, development or a related area
If you identify with our values, are excited about impactful research and would like to contribute to achieving our vision, we would love to hear from you.
Apply using the following link here.