Christiaan has extensive data and quantitative analytics experience, particularly with FinScope. Since joining Cenfri as a researcher in June 2012, he’s been involved in a variety of projects, ranging from research on the informality of microinsurance in South Africa to exploring opportunities for financial inclusion in Nigeria.
He’s been a key member on project teams like the following:
- The team that conducted the Making Access Possible (MAP) Myanmar diagnostic during 2013, which developed a new analytical framework, including target markets, and that captured the inter-relationships between the usage of credit, savings, insurance and payments
- The project management team for a market update of the South African credit insurance market
- The team that conducted the Programme Completion Review for the DFID Nigeria advocacy programme ENABLE, as well as a cross-country review of risks, costs and incentives inherent in FSD programmes in Africa
Before joining Cenfri, Christiaan was involved in various aspects of retail credit risk management as a credit risk analyst at a leading catalogue marketing company, operating throughout Southern Africa.
- Master’s in economics, Stellenbosch University
- BCom (Honours) in economics, Stellenbosch University
- Bachelor degree in management sciences, Stellenbosch University