Christine has been part of the Cenfri team since 2008, with deep experience in market diagnostics (financial inclusion, insurance and AML/CFT) as well as insurance and retail payments. Christine specialises in applying a systems-level approach to diverse topics including regulatory design, consumer outcomes, financial inclusion measurement, financial sector development and, more recently, the interplay between digital transformation and sustainable development at the sector level. She heads Cenfri’s digital transformation portfolio, as well as our knowledge management capability.
In her spare time, Christine keeps busy raising her three young children, and when the opportunity arises, she enjoys a captivating book, keeping fit and a nice cup of tea.
- Leading the financial needs measurement framework inputs to the Alliance for Financial Inclusion data working group.
- Updating and applying the regulation for innovation framework in various engagements with regulatory authorities across sub-Saharan Africa.
- Undertaking a long-standing collaboration with the Access to Insurance Initiative, developing cross-country synthesis reports and toolkits, as well as in-country stakeholder-building and an implementation action plan at country level.
- Working with the World Bank on a series of insurance for development diagnostics and cross-country synthesis in Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya and Rwanda.
- Masters module in Regulatory and Competition Economics, University of Witwatersrand, South Africa
- Master of Economics, University of Stellenbosch, South Africa
- BA Honours in Economics, University of Stellenbosch, South Africa
- BA in Value and Policy Studies, University of Stellenbosch, South Africa